- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Getting the Best Price, Schedule, and Seat on Your Next Flight|
|Written by Rich Truesdell|
|Wednesday, 07 May 2008 07:34|
As I travel by air up to 20 weeks out of the year, I’m always looking for new tools that help me get the lowest price, the most convenient flights, and the greatest comfort while in the air. It’s an ever-changing matrix, especially in this era of $125/barrel oil as airlines try to adjust to a playing field that changes every day. In the past kayak.com has been my primary search site for airfares, with orbitz.com coming in a close second, and seatguru.com helping me find the most comfortable seat. Now I’m adding three more web sites to the mix: insidetrip.com, vayama.com, and yapta.com.
As flights are more crowded than ever, a web site that helps me identify historic load factors is one way to avoid staying out of the dreaded middle seat on a long-haul flight. This is only one of 12 parameters--set in three categories: speed, comfort, and ease--you can set at insidetrip.com. Once you identify a flight that meets your criteria, click on the "buy now" button and you’re transported to orbitz.com to complete your purchase.