- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|I Should Sue|
|Written by Cindy Lou Dale|
|Friday, 13 June 2008 07:39|
Following the Aston Martin shoot, whilst on assignment in South Africa, I walked from my sumptuous hotel room to the bar over a darkened quadrangle where I stepped heavily onto a wobbly drain, did a series of graceless pirouettes, spun across the leafy square and smacked face-first into a marble column and, after teetering theatrically for a moment, fell forward and bashed my kneecap on the edge of a step. Over the course of the next few days my lower leg changed colour and became swollen to the point where I could not wear jeans. Oozing into a wet-suit when shark cage diving was another painful trial but I suffered for my art.
It's two months on and only now is my lower leg starting to look normal. But for a while now I've been getting hot flushes – in my leg. Of course, I Google'd it and now know I have bone cancer. So I decided to do nothing to confirm my suspicions. I figure it's better to wake up dead one morning than go to the doctor and be told when that morning might be.
So here I sit, glumly sipping my designer water knowing that the only exercise I'll be getting for a while is chewing food and typing. "And jumping to conclusions," my husband added helpfully.