- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Spied: Mercedes-Benz S-Class and CL-Class|
|Written by Rich Truesdell|
|Tuesday, 26 August 2008 07:35|
We originally thought that these photos were virtually meaningless, but not according to our colleagues at eMercedesBenz.com . While we were concentrating on shooting the Gull-Wing SL homage super car, we apparently stumbled right into the middle of a final test session of what are apparently AMG versions of the S- and CL-Classes, due for a mid-cycle refresh for 2009.
Obviously the modifications here are evolutionary from the current S63. The changes are confined mostly to the front fascia; probably additional ducting to the massive brakes, a key feature on any AMG upgrade. We expect that any running-gear changes incorporated on the mainstream S- and CL-Class models will be included on the AMG derivatives.
Judging by the fact that both cars were almost devoid of detail-concealing camouflage, we assume that the PR team in Stuttgart is preparing the press kits for both cars' unveiling later this fall at the Paris Auto Show as we speak. Be sure to have a look at the detailed shots of both cars in the Automotive Traveler Gallery. For more detailed analysis of the S63, visit eMercedesBenz.com.