- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|HOLY MARVEL--It's the Batmobile|
|Written by Debi Lander|
|Tuesday, 28 October 2008 08:46|
Geoff Albert, owner of Classic Caddy Tours, in Savannah, GA zooms clients around in his 1960 black Cadillac, bearing a striking resemblance to The Batmobile. The va-va-vroom of the 325-horsepower engine roars an all-points alert.
While a magnificently maintained (antique?) automobile, this Caddy lives as a party animal. Imagine arriving on Halloween costumed as Robin, the Green Hornet, the Riddler or perhaps Catwoman. ZOWIE. You'd make a POWerful entrance no one would ever forget.
Pointy rear fins are long enough to hold jet thrusters. Geoff, aka Bruce Wayne, keeps the body so shiny, the sun's reflection could blind any rival; and the lipstick-red leather interior is spotless enough for the bride of Frankenstein.
If you're not in the Savannah area, OUCH, you can still drive the car online: put the keys in the ignition, honk the horn, steer the wheel and have some first-class fun.