- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|eBay Auctions 2008 Dodge Challenger to Benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children|
|Written by Brandy Schaffels via Shriners News Alert|
|Tuesday, 02 December 2008 14:05|
An iconic muscle car of the 1970s, the Dodge Challenger is back after a 35-year absence and a limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is up for auction on eBay through Sunday, December 7. Proceeds of the online auction will benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children.
The New England Dodge Dealers Association donated the car because the group wants to raise awareness and funds for Shriners Hospitals for Children. "The decision to donate the Challenger SRT8 was based on the positive personal experiences many of our dealers and the association's Board members have had with the Shriners and Shriners Hospitals," said New England Dodge Dealer Association President Frank Brody. "Shriners Hospitals for Children is truly a benevolent organization that has proven they really want to make a difference for children."
The Dodge Challenger SRT8, which is #234 of the 6,400 produced in 2008, goes zero to 60 in five seconds and is loaded with options, including a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 engine with 425 horsepower, GPS navigation system, Keyless Go Entry, leather trim seats, an AM/FM 6-Disc DVD MP3 Radio, MyGIG multimedia system and UConnect hands-free communication.
Want to get another look at the car? Visit the New England International Auto Show! This car is on display at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, located at 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210 from Wednesday, December 3 to Sunday, December 7. The winning bid will be announced at the show on December 7, 2008 at 6 p.m.
Win the online auction, and you'll also be helping kids defy the odds at Shriners Hospitals for Children - a one-of-a-kind international health care system of 22 hospitals dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing pediatric specialty care to children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate.
For a link to the auction site, go to www.BeAChallenger.com. At the time of this posting, bidding was already in excess of $31,000 and you can expect that number to climb as the auction draws to a close on Sunday, December 7.
About Shriners Hospitals for Children and Shriners International
Shriners Hospitals for Children is an international health care system of 22 hospitals dedicated to providing pediatric specialty care, innovative research and outstanding teaching programs. Children up to age 18 with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft and lip palate are eligible for care and receive all services at no charge - regardless of financial need. Shriners International is the 375,000-member fraternity that founded and continues to operate 22 Shriners Hospitals for Children in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.