- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
- Go Dogs Go!: Plan a Valentine's Day Escape to Vermont's Northeast Kingdom
Packed with three days of participant events, two world-class auctions, and more than 300 cars on display, the 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance offered something for everyone. And this year it honored Sam Posey, whose legacy as a driver, racing commentator, artist, and architect is well deserved.
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Where Is the FAA When You Need Them?|
|Written by Cindy-Lou Dale|
|Sunday, 14 December 2008 05:41|
Not so long ago I was a passenger in a twin-prop 16-seater plane when it got lost in bad weather and could not find the airport. For 40 minutes we flew around in a perplexed manner, occasionally dropping through the low clouds which I could not help noticing we shared with many mountain tops. It became evident our pilot could not see, putting his nose to the glass, looking for the tiniest bit of visibility. I could not understand why he did not put on the windscreen wiper and then I looked more closely. There was no wiper.
Down on land someone returned to the airport to put the runway lights on and the pilot put us on the runway with a descent so steep that I sometimes still sit upright in bed at 3am thinking about it.
I vowed then that I would never go on another light air-craft.