- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
- Go Dogs Go!: Plan a Valentine's Day Escape to Vermont's Northeast Kingdom
Packed with three days of participant events, two world-class auctions, and more than 300 cars on display, the 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance offered something for everyone. And this year it honored Sam Posey, whose legacy as a driver, racing commentator, artist, and architect is well deserved.
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Everything but a cavity search, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz|
|Written by Mark Elias|
|Wednesday, 08 August 2007 19:00|
Officially, the pre-production prototype is being readied for the upcoming 2008 North American International Auto Show, but Mercedes-Benz designer Volker Hellwing described it as the firm's card into the entry-level SUV classes at M-B. Slotted against the BMW X3 and Acura MDX, expect it to be priced similarly (Acura checks in around $39,990).
Even under duress, Geoff Day, Mercedes' head of communications and experiences, would offer little in the way of details other than to say that the interior which featured the Mercedes-Benz COMAND-Plus control knob (don't say iDrive!) was pretty well "locked in." That’s all he can confirm at this point. (From what we could see, the interior featured an off-white leather with dark contrasting piping, and black wood appliques. Woo hoo!) To further cloud the matter, when asked about power, all he would offer was that "Mercedes-Benz has a very large family of engines."
Other than having a very high roofline, with upright windshield and grille, the cladding did a very good job of obfuscating the matter at hand....
And so it went in McCall, Idaho....