- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|The Automotive Traveler $2K Challenge: 1991 Lincoln Mark VII|
|Written by Tony Richardson|
|Tuesday, 17 February 2009 05:39|
One Automotive Traveler reader found a Mustang-powered Hot Rod Lincoln.
I found a very interesting 133,000-mile Lincoln Mark VII on Craigslist up in the San Francisco Bay Area listed for just $1,500. (The engine and recently-rebuilt transmission is worth at least that much.)
If I lived closer, I'd take a look at the car, but I live outside of San Diego so it's just not practical. If someone up in the Bay Area is looking for a great $2,000 car, this one is certainly worth a look. With a detailing with the money saved, this could be a sharp looking cruiser.