- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
- Go Dogs Go!: Plan a Valentine's Day Escape to Vermont's Northeast Kingdom
Packed with three days of participant events, two world-class auctions, and more than 300 cars on display, the 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance offered something for everyone. And this year it honored Sam Posey, whose legacy as a driver, racing commentator, artist, and architect is well deserved.
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|The Automotive Traveler $2K Challenge: 1984 Mercedes-Benz 190 Diesel|
|Written by Mary C|
|Thursday, 19 February 2009 06:09|
Legendary Mercedes quality for the price of a new car down payment.
I realize that I might be violating the spirit of the challenge as I haven't test driven this car, like the previously listed Lincoln it's out of my neighborhood, but I have been looking for a clean 190 for my daughter's first car and wanted to let you know about it. A dealer in Maryland is currently running a no-reserve eBay auction on this clean-looking, 161,000-mile Mercedes-Benz 190 Diesel. The description is very detailed and the photos are sharp and clear so it's not like you would be bidding on a pig in the poke.
I've been looking for a car like this for a while and though cars like this typically end up selling for over $2,000, quite a few do sell for under your limit. The downside here? The diesel versions of these cars are slow but for someone like a first-time driver, that might not be a bad thing.