- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Peek under the Hood of Ford's Fusion Hybrid NASCAR Pace Car--and Win One!|
|Written by Brandy Schaffels|
|Monday, 30 March 2009 07:40|
Each Tuesday at Noon Eastern Time, Ford presents an interactive live streaming video event as part of its DigiKnow online webinars. Each week their host Michael Collins gives visitors the behind-the-scenes scoop on all things related to Ford. The DigiKnow events will stimulate unique and informal conversations with experts from Ford, as well as provide demonstrations of some of the innovative Ford technologies. DigiKnows help watchers uncover another side of Ford. The show has chat built right in so viewers can ask questions and they'll get answered, live, on air.
This week's show, held on Tuesday March 31st at 12:00 noon Eastern Time, Michael Collins takes a look at the Ford Fusion Hybrid NASCAR Pace Car and discovers how Ford developed the first hybrid electric vehicle ever to lead the field to the green flag at a NASCAR event. Be sure to register ahead of time, so you can join in and ask your questions as Michael talks with Gil Portalatin, Hybrid Applications Manager, who works with the team involved in the NASCAR event.
Want to watch the event? Log in here at Ford's Weekly DigiKnows Website.
The Hybrid Fusion Pace Car is also the star of Ford's "We Race You Win" sweepstakes in which Ford awards a trip for two (airfare and accommodations for five days and four nights) to Ford Championship Weekend in Miami every time a Ford driver wins a race in 2009. In addition to the trip, contestants can also earn a chance to win a new 2010 Ford Fusion. Sweepstakes begins at Noon (12 p.m.) on January 22, 2009 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. on November 15, 2009.
Fully decked out in its eye-searing NASCAR-inspired camouflage paint, the all-new 2010 Fusion Hybrid--accompanied by Fusion Sport--paced the Ford 400 during Ford's Championship Weekend at NASCAR's Homestead-Miami Speedway back in November 2008.
Beating out the Toyota Camry Hybrid by 8 mpg in city driving, the Ford Fusion Hybrid promises 700 miles on a single tank of gas around town. Equipped with SmartGauge with EcoGuide, the Fusion Hybrid helps the driver remain constantly environmentally conscious by continuously providing current fuel and battery power levels and average/instant miles-per-gallon readings. I love that! It helps keep me an efficient driver thanks to instant feedback!
Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas says it best, "The Fusion Hybrid pacing the Ford 400 showcased exactly what our customers want, fuel economy and fun--and we were pleased to be able to offer racing fans a glimpse of what's to come."
If you're unable to participate in the live DigiKnow event, you can also visit the FordDigiKnows YouTube channel for show archives.