- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Shell Invites Drivers To Share Their Driving Passion For A Chance To Win Cool Prizes|
|Written by Brandy Schaffels|
|Thursday, 24 September 2009 10:22|
Do you have a "special bond" with your motorcycle, car, truck, SUV, or even RV? (Most true car fanatics do.) If you'll share how Shell V-Power fuels your passion for your ride, you could be a winner! And who doesn't love to be a winner, especially when the prize is something as valuable as free gas?
The Shell V-Power "Fuel My Passion" Contest and Sweepstakes will award more than a dozen great prizes including $250 gas cards, free Shell V-Power premium gasoline for a year, and even a chance to win an all-new 2010 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo motorcycle.
Honestly, it doesn't matter what you drive, this contest is ideal for anybody who is passionate about their ride and who would be willing to share their "love story" with a brief description of why they are passionate about their vehicle.
All you have to do is submit a creative photo posing with your vehicle and showing the "V" Sign, and also include a short story of up to 100 words on how Shell V-Power has fueled your passion. Heck! How hard can it be to come up with a hundred words about the great fun you have driving your vehicle? I'm not talking about anything like that Saturday Night Live commercial spoof for the Mercury Mistress , I'm just saying even my poor dead Accord used to enjoy an occasional tank of V-Power to help clear the gunk out of its valves!
Entries can be submitted into a variety of categories. Three separate prizes will be awarded in each category:
There is a limit of one entry per person per category during the Entry Period.
Register for the contest here at Shell and submit your photo and short story by October 6th.
Shell will award two winners in each category with a $250 Shell gift card and one person in each category will win one year of free Shell V-Power premium gasoline. All contestants across all categories will also have a chance to win an all-new 2010 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo motorcycle valued at more than $16,000!
Visitors to the site after the entries are submitted will be given the power to decide the winners, simply by viewing the entries between October 20 and November 3, 2009, and voting on their favorite finalists. More than 400 entries have been received and a fun variety of vehicles and poses are already online at the contest's flickr photo page. My two favorites are the guy driving the tank, and the gal who stood on her head. Who do you like best?
Be sure to visit Shell's Fuel My Passion web site to enter and get more info. Don't forget, the entry period ends on October 6th, so be sure to check out the contest soon!