- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Dana Point Concours d'Elegance Announces 2010 Date and New Beneficiary|
|Written by Robyn Larson McCarthy|
|Friday, 22 January 2010 04:43|
The Ocean Institute's educational programs teach science and maritime history to thousands of students annually
The Dana Point Concours d'Elegance has announced that the 2010 event will be held Sunday 27 June on the prestigious Monarch Beach Golf Links at the St. Regis Resort in Dana Point, California. Event organizers have also announced that the Ocean Institute will become a beneficiary of the organization.
The Ocean Institute has become nationally known for its hands-on marine science, environmental education, and maritime history programs. Every year, more than 110,000 students from kindergarten through high school teachers participate in the Institute's 61 award-winning, immersion-style programs to learn about oceanography, science, and California history by studying in labs and living aboard tall ships.
In addition to the Ocean Institute, proceeds from the Dana Point Concours d'Elegance, which is a volunteer-run, 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, support the Mary & Dick Allen Diabetes Center at Hoag Hospital and other Southern California youth charities. The Dana Point Concours is operated primarily as a Classic Car Club of America Concours, with additional classes to highlight interesting and relevant automobiles. With Southern California the car-culture capital of the world, the Dana Point Concours d'Elegance organizing committee aims to create a premier automotive event that showcases the region's history in motorsports and vehicle design and customization.