- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Winter Wine Tour on the Upper Peninsula
- Event Coverage: 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: 2013 Desert Classic Concours d'Elegance
- Auto News: Romney's Rambler
- Tank-of-Gas Adventure: Historic Bedford Springs Hotel
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|National Park Foundation and Aramark Announce Free Trip Contest|
|Written by Robyn Larson McCarthy|
|Tuesday, 02 February 2010 11:37|
Celebrate America's "best idea" with a road trip to one of our national parks
With wind-chill readings plunging to -15 over the weekend and Punxsutawny Phil's announcement this morning that we're facing six more weeks of Winter, many here in New England are no doubt looking ahead to summer road trips. One of my favorite trips of recent years was a mid-May trek to some of the country's more northern national treasures--The Grant Tetons, where I took this photo, Yellowstone, Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Mount Rushmore, and The Badlands, with numerous historical spots in between. So, I read with interest the news this week about a contest sponsored by the National Park Foundation and ARAMARK Parks and Destinations: In celebration of Ken Burns's landmark documentary, America's Best Idea: The National Parks, airing on PBS throughout this month, the NPF and Aramark are offering a free trip to one of America's most popular national parks.
To enter the contest, go to the This Is Your Land website during the month of February to explore America's 392 national parks, and then mark your favorite spot at one of them by sharing a special memory of your time there. Individuals who add their spot to at least one park will be entered to win a three-night trip for two, including lodging and airfare, to their choice of the following destinations located in, or within close proximity to, a beloved national park:
The grand-prize winner will also receive a $300 resort credit to use for meals and/or activities and a copy of the book America's Best Idea, autographed by filmmakers Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan. In addition, 20 runners-up will receive an "America's Best Idea" poster signed by Burns and Duncan and a limited-edition National Park Foundation "America's Best Idea" t-shirt.
Contest rules allow you to add one new spot each day, thus increasing your chances of winning. The NPF and Aramark will announce the winner and runners-up in March.