- Travel News: Going, Going, Gone--The Society of American Travel Writers Holds Its Annual Travel-Package Auction
- Event Coverage: The 2013 Grand Ascent at Hershey
- Favorite Dog-Friendly Dining Spots When Driving New Hampshire's Monadnock Region (Part Two)
- Adventures: Shelby Run Europe 2012
- Road-Trip Food: Pitchfork Steak Fondue (Medora, North Dakota)
- From the Archives: Camaro's NASCAR 1969 Pace Cars
- This Day In Automotive History
- Getting Future Road-Trippers Behind the Wheel at LEGOLAND Florida
- Shop Local or Take a Hike? With Rail Trails, Those Touring New Hampshire by Car Can Do Both in One Day
- Sneak Peek: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- Go Dogs Go!: Uncork the Love at Flag Hill Winery -- and More Dog-Friendly Fun Near the New Hampshire Coast
- Event Coverage: 2013 La Jolla Concours d'Elegance
With tips for Fido-friendly travel, road trips on a budget, and much more, PlanYourRoadTrip.com is our favorite new trip-planning website.
|Consider a One-Way RV Rental for Your Summer Vacation|
|Written by Robyn Larson McCarthy|
|Friday, 09 April 2010 15:22|
El Monte RV offers incentives to road trippers willing to help relocate inventory
Recreational vehicles make family-friendly, dog-friendly vacation homes on wheels--and now budget-minded road trippers have a new option for their summer travel plans. Los Angeles-based El Monte RV Rentals is offering low-priced one-way RV rental specials to move motorhomes across the country.
"Motorhome rental firms normally shift RVs from warm weather environs to cooler ones in Spring, and then reverse the process in the Fall," says El Monte director of marketing Joe Laing. "By offering RV rental clients deep discounts on one-way travel, we help vacationers save money while ensuring adequate seasonal inventory." Recent one-way specials have included 1,000 free miles and 50 percent off daily rates for the first seven days. El Monte caters to both international and domestic travelers and is the only nationwide motorhome rental company to offer the larger Class-A luxury vehicles for rent.
Check out the accompanying video for a peek at the amenities and comforts offered in even the smaller Class C vehicles. And if you're still a little skeptical about the RV lifestyle, keep in mind that before this writer spent three adventurous months living and working and seeing the country in an RV a few years back, I never thought I was an "RV person" either!